In 2014, HRO Today introduced the CHRO Awards, honoring those CHROs with the capabilities to adapt to a competitive business environment in order to deliver the insight needed for HR transformation. Our CHRO of the Year award and Lifetime Achievement award recognizes CHROs that help drive workforce initiatives through innovation with measurable excellence in employee engagement and retention to prove it. These CHROs are responsible for providing leadership to ensure talent acquisition and retention, business growth, and a culture that can lead in a global workforce.
In determining the Sustainable Workforce of the Year, judges consider several dimensions of performance including: the scope of the workforce’s impact on their community, measurable excellence in citizenship initiatives, and overall workplace innovation.
CHRO, Lifetime Achievement Award, and Sustainable Workforce of the Year Nominees will be evaluated across three dimensions:
- The scope of the nominee’s impact on his/her organization/community. Please describe the impact of the nominee’s initiative(s). Please provide specific quantitative information about the impact, such as the size of the organization/community directly impacted, the relative population, the percentage impact on profits, cost savings, etc. These are only examples; any quantitative information is helpful in our deliberations.
- The extent to which the nominee drove this initiative. Please rate the extent to which the nominee drove this initiative on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is very little, and 10 is virtually completely. Also, please describe how the nominee drove the initiative.
- The individual reputational or professional risk taken by the nominee. Please rate the individual reputational or professional risk the nominee took for this initiative on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is virtually none and 10 is astronomical. Also, please describe that risk.
- Focus on the CHRO and the leadership they provided since this program recognizes individuals, not teams or products.
- Do not nominate a CHRO who simply did their job. The judges will look for evidence that the nominee went above and beyond what was expected of them, taking personal risk to move a workforce initiative forward. Show how the nominee brought about a real outcome.
- Focus on the effect. Explain how a nominee’s work made a significant difference, either in the organization or the community at large. Describe that effect in concrete terms that can be understood by people unfamiliar with the person or his or her expertise.
- Focus on this past year. Other than the lifetime achievement award, these awards recognize work largely done, or culminating, over the past year.
- Remember, this is not a popularity contest; the key is impact. An individual’s effect might be significant but potentially divisive. That is not necessarily an obstacle to winning an award.
- Look for the unsung heroes. Some people are in a better position than others to make a difference due to their resources or visibility, but don’t forget the individuals behind the scenes who make a difference largely because of their creativity, energy and sheer tenacity.
Process & Timeline:
|November 1, 2014||Nomination Form made available on the HRO Today Forum website.|
|November 12, 2014||Call for Nominations|
|January 5, 2015||Panel of judges, composed of past award winners and recognized leaders, will be confirmed.|
|March 2, 2015||CHRO Award Nomination Deadline|
|March 9, 2015||List of Finalists identified by the Editorial Board of HRO Today Magazine|
|March 11, 2015||Finalists provided to the judging panel along with a scoring sheet to help them rank the nominees; Selections due back by April 1, 2015|
|April 10, 2015||HRO Today Magazine will consider the judging panel responses to identify the top nominees and then reach out to them to let them know they have been nominated and confirm whether they accept the nomination and will be in attendance for the Awards Dinner.|
|April 2015||Finalists will be announced in April in the below channels:
|May 4, 2015||Winners will be announced at the CHRO Awards Dinner
|May 5, 2015||Press Release announcing the CHRO Award Winners, Sustainable Workforce and Lifetime Achievement Awards|
|June 2015||Winners to be featured in the June 2014 issue of HRO Today|